Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thank you. Over the last six months we premiered NINE new full-length monologues at the Public Theater.

AMERICAN UTOPIAS
MY BIG BREAK
WHERE WATER MEETS WITH WATER
FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING AYN RAND
FASTER BETTER SOCIAL
ON LYING AND THE NATURE OF MAGIC
ON SWEARING AND THE POWER OF CURSES
FIVE TECHNICAL REHEARSALS IN INDIA
BRADLEY MANNING’S WAR

It has been a life-changing season for me, and I'm immensely grateful to everyone at Joe's Pub and the Public Theater with whom we've made an artistic home, and to the fantastic audiences who made every single performance of every show completely sold out. Without you none of this would be possible.

This season has been transformative—I've learned more about my craft in six months than I have in the last six years. This fall we'll use everything we've learned this year to make ALL THE FACES OF THE MOON. That story would not be possible without this season and everything it has made possible. I would not have been able to imagine it.

Again: thank you. I will see you on the other side.